I’m all about easy weekend breakfasts. During the week the first hour is the most rushed part of my day so on Saturdays and Sundays I enjoy lying in bed for a few minutes before getting up and pottering around the house until I’m really hungry for breakfast.
For me, a weekend breakfast is something that can be put in the oven to cook while I sit on the patio with a cup of coffee and read my emails. On a more energetic day I might go for a quick run, looking forward to breakfast being ready when I get back home.
These Bacon and Egg Cups are a winning weekend breakfast requiring minimal effort, ingredients, and equipment: all you need is a glass, a frying pan and a muffin pan.
Bacon and Egg Cups
8 strips of bacon
2 large or 4 small slices of bread
salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400°F (200°C).
- In a pan, cook bacon for 2-3 minutes, until no longer raw but not crispy.
- Using a glass the size of the holes in your muffin pan, push the rim of the glass into the bread to cut out discs. You should be able to get between 2 and 4 discs out of each slice, depending on the size of your bread.
- To assemble, wrap a strip of bacon around the inside of each muffin cup. Push a disc of bread into the bottom of the cup. Crack an egg on top and season with salt and pepper.
- Bake in preheated oven for 12-15 minutes, until eggs are set and don’t wobble when you shake the pan.
Recipe source: British Girl Bakes