Sometimes, healthy homemade granola just doesn’t cut it. And some mornings, usually Mondays, not even gluten free pancakes are enough. On those days, chocolate bacon stuffed French toast is almost always the answer. A generous spoonful of chocolate cream and a few slices of crispy, salty bacon are sandwiched between two layers of bread and cooked into soft, pillowy mouthfuls of deliciousness. If you need an extra pick-me-up, drizzle liberally with maple syrup.
4 slices of bacon
2 tablespoons semisweet chocolate chips
2 tablespoons cream cheese
4 slices of bread (I use gluten free)
1 tablespoon milk
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- In a saucepan over medium heat, fry bacon until crispy.
- In a small bowl, microwave chocolate chips for 30 seconds. Stir until chocolate is completely melted, microwaving for another 15 seconds if necessary. Add cream cheese and stir to combine.
- In a wide bowl, beat together egg, milk and cinnamon.
- Spread 2 slices of bread with chocolate mixture. Top each with bacon and another slice of bread to make 2 sandwiches. Dip each sandwich in egg mixture to coat the outside of both sides of the sandwich.
- Heat a pan over medium heat. Place both sandwiches in the pan and cook for 2 minutes on each side.
- Serve with maple syrup, if desired.
Recipe source: British Girl Bakes