This banana layer cake is full of banana flavour and it’s incredibly moist without being overly sweet.
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup mashed bananas (about 2 bananas)
- 1 cup milk
- Mix the butter, sugars and vanilla at medium speed until light and creamy. This will take about three minutes with an electric mixer.
- Add the eggs and mix until combined.
- In a large bowl, whisk the flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt together. Add half of this mixture to the batter and mix to combine, only until the flour is no longer visible.
- In another bowl, mash the bananas and add the milk. Pour into the batter and mix to combine.
- Add the rest of the flour mixture to the batter and mix to combine.
- Divide the batter between three greased pans and bake at 325F or 160C for 35 minutes, until you can poke the cakes without leaving an imprint in the top.
- Leave to cool and then assemble with the filling and frosting of your choice!
To make a three-layer 8" cake, double the recipe by clicking "X2" at the top right of this printable recipe
If you use salted butter, leave out the salt in the recipe
Try my cream cheese frosting to fill and frost this cake!